Marth Mariam Church
At a distance of 2.5 Kms from Thrissur Railway Station, the Marth Mariam Church is the oldest in Thrissur district constructed in 1815. It is also called as 'Vyakula Mathavin Pally'.
The Church was dedicated to King Rama Varma by Abraham Cathanar of Palai. Since the Roman Catholics began to argue that this church was a Catholic Church, the authorities of this church changed the name to Marth Mariam, which is the Syrian translation for St. Mary. This Chaldean Syrian Church is the headquarters of Chaldean Syrian Churches in India. The Chapel has no idols or pictorial representation of Christ or anyone else. The prayer hall has chandeliers and colour glass balls hung from the ceiling. The ornate carving on wooden beams & pulpit are amazing.