Ooty tour packages - explore a large collection of top rated Ooty holiday packages with itinerary, hotel options and price. Instantly book customized Ooty vacation packages at best price online.
Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is one of the exotic hill stations in Tamilnadu
and among the best weekend getaways from Bangalore. Its stunning beauty, splendid green deep valleys, pleasant weather, miles and miles of tea gardens and unlimited tourist places make Ooty one of the best destinations in India
and also one of the best Honeymoon destinations in India
. Situated at an altitude of 7,440 ft., Ooty is a land of stunning landscape, breath-taking views complemented by the smooth breezes. This quaint town was a popular summer and weekend getaway for the British during colonial days.
Places to Visit in Ooty Trip
Ooty Lake, Botanical Garden, Pykara Dam & Falls, Doddabetta Peak, Rose Garden, Wenlock Downs, Pine Forest, Avalanche Lake and Emerald Lake are the popular places to visit in Ooty. The toy train, known as Nilgiri Mountain Railway that runs from Mettupalayam to Ooty is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a must try one during your Ooty Tour
. Ooty Lake
- is an artificial lake situated in the beautiful hill station of Ooty. It is one of the most visited tourist places in Ooty and also one of the popular places to represent Ooty Tourism. Ooty Lake was built by John Sullivan in 1824 AD, the then Collector of Coimbatore. Covers an area of 65 acres with an average depth of 40 feet, the lake is fed by the mountain streams in the Ooty valley. The lake is surrounded by groves of Eucalyptus trees with a railway line running along one shore. Situated amidst beautiful valleys. Botanical Garden
- is a beautiful garden situated on the foothills of Dodabetta Peak in Ooty. Maintained by Tamil Nadu Horticulture Department, Ooty Botanical Gardens is one of the best botanical gardens in India. The Botanical Gardens in Udhagamandalam was laid out in 1847 AD. It was designed by the architect William Graham McIvor under the supervision of George Hay, 8th Marquess of Tweeddale, the then Governor of Madras. The original purpose of the Botanical Gardens was to promote and study the various flora in and around Nilgiris. Now, it is open to the public as a park that can be enjoyed by visitors. The garden spreads over an area of 22 hectares with more than 650 species of flowers and trees. Pykara Falls
- is a majestic waterfalls situated on Ooty - Mysore road in Ooty. Pykara Falls is formed by Pykara River on the downstream of the Pykara Dam. The falls drops down into two sections with height of 55 m and 61 m through multiple layers on the rocky bed providing a unique beauty to the stream. The waterfall amidst the dense forest is a treat to watch. It is one of the must visit places for honeymoon couples and nature lovers during their Ooty trip. Doddabetta Peak
- is a mountain peak situated on the Ooty - Kotagiri Road in the Nilgiris district of Tamilnadu. Literally means Big Mountain, Doddabetta is the highest point in Nilgiri Mountains and at an altitude of 2623 m, Doddabetta is regarded as one of the highest peaks in South India, which lies at the junction of the Western and Eastern Ghats. The area surrounding Doddabetta is mostly forested. One can have a magnificent panoramic view of the landscape, beautiful valley, plains of Coimbatore and the flat highlands of Mysore from the peak. Rose Garden
- is a beautiful garden situated near Charring Cross in the beautiful hill station of Ooty. Rose Garden is one of the largest rose gardens in India. It was established in 1995 to commemorate the centenary of Ooty flower show. It is situated at an altitude of 2200 m on the slopes of the Elk Hill. This garden consists of five terraces in an area of 10 acres and has more than 2800 variety of roses. Wenlock Downs
- is a vast expanse of grassy meadow located on the way to Pykara in Ooty. It is one of the most scenic places in Ooty. Wenlock Downs is a spectacular meadow spread majestically across 20,000 acres of rolling lands that seems to be stretching endlessly. The entire place is covered with Shola forest. More popularly known as the Shooting Point, Wenlock Downs has two popular movie filming points known as Sixth Mile and Ninth Mile named so because of they are located at 6 miles and 9 miles away from Ooty. Toy Train
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway popularly known as Ooty Toy Train runs between Ooty and Mettupalayam on narrow-gauge track. Constructed in 1908, Ooty Toy Train is an UNESCO Heritage Site as part of Mountain Railways of India. It is one of the main attractions in Ooty passing through some of the best valleys of Western Ghats offering breathtaking views. The train passes through Ketti Valley, Wellington & Coonoor. More on Places to visit in Ooty
Typically, 2 -3 days is required to explore best Ooty tour packages
. As part of a 2D/1N quick tour of Ooty, you can visit Ooty Lake & Boat Club, Botanical Gardens, Dodabetta Peak, Ketti Valley Viewpoint, Kamaraj Sagar, Wenlock Downs, Pykara Dam & Reservoir, and Pykara Falls. You can include Conoor, Avalanche Lake for 3D/2N Ooty Packages. If you are a history buff as well as a wildlife enthusiast, then choose Ooty 4D/3N package as the itinerary include Mysore, Mudumalai, Bandipur sightseeing as well. While the 5D/4N Ooty package offers Ooty along with Coorg or Wayanad / Kodaikanal Sightseeing.
Best Time to Visit Ooty
The beautiful hill station of Ooty has pleasant weather throughout the year and can be visited at any time. However, post-monsoon and winter is the best season to witness the real beauty of Nilgiris when the waterfalls & lakes are full and enhance the beauty of Ooty. Also, it is the perfect time to enjoy sightseeing, adventure activities like hiking, and trekking in Ooty. Though summer is also a good season to visit Ooty, it is usually crowded with a large number of tourists. Summer is the best time if you would like to explore the wildlife of Mudumalai & Bandipur but a heavy crowd can spoil the experience.
How to Reach Ooty By Air
- Coimbatore is the nearest Airport to Ooty at a distance of 91 km. Coimbatore is a major air hub and has connectivity with almost all major cities in India including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, etc. By Train
- Coimbatore & Mettupalayam are nearest Broad-gauge railway stations to Ooty. While Ooty is connected with narrow-gauge Toy Train, it has connectivity with only Mettupalayam station. Mettupalayam has good connectivity with major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad. Coimbatore is connected with almost all major cities and towns in India by train. By Bus
- Ooty has very good bus connectivity with Coimbatore, Bangalore, Mysore, Chennai and Mettupalayam. There are several private bus operators between these destinations as well. By Car
- Ooty has very good road connectivity and can be easily reached by car from different parts of Tamilnadu, Karnataka & Kerala states. Ooty Car Rentals
About Ooty Packages Offered by Trawell.in
If you are planning to explore this pristine hill station and make your holiday memorable, then book your Ooty Packages
with Trawell.in. We offer end-to-end services like luxurious and comfortable accommodation, transportation, and customized sightseeing tours at affordable rates. While in Ooty, travelers must enhance their trip by choosing the best resorts in Ooty
to pamper yourself with opulence amidst picturesque vistas.
Whether you are planning for a family trip, couple, or a group, Trawell.in caters to all your needs with a hassle-free experience and flawless services. You can also choose various Ooty Holiday Packages
from 2D/1N to 5D/4N to explore this colonial hill town of Tamil Nadu. Explore our Ooty Travel Guide
for more details on your upcoming Ooty vacation.