St. John's Catholic Church
At a distance of 2 km from Lansdowne Market, St. John's Church is a Roman Catholic Church located at the Mall Road near St. Mary's Church in Lansdowne.
St. John's Church is the only running Church in Lansdowne and was established in 1936 under the supervision of Agra Diocese. The beautiful interiors and beautiful surroundings of the church attract pilgrims and tourists. The construction of this church was completed in the year 1937.
After 1947, St John's Church was kept abandoned for years and it was eventually handed over to the Government of India in 1951. In 1977, Rev. Gratian Mundadan wished to start a new mission station at Lansdowne and entrusted the responsibility to Fr. John Chakkanattu. It was in 1980, that the then Prime Minister of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, granted permission to handover the church to the diocese. The re-erected St. John's Catholic Church was blessed by Rt. Rev. Dr. Paulinus Jeerakath CMI, Bishop of Jagdalpur on 28th April 1983. Since then, daily prayers are being offered at the church.
St John's Church was designed in colonial architecture. The church is spread over wide area and encompasses various sections that were used for different purposes by the Church administration.
Timings: 8 AM - 5 PM