St Mary's Church
Museum / Gallery
At a distance of 2.5 km from Lansdowne Market, St. Mary's Church is an Anglican church situated near the Tip-In-Top hill point of Lansdowne.
St. Mary's Church is a popular tourist attraction of Lansdowne and was built by Col. A.H.B Hume of the Royal Engineers. Construction of this Church began in 1895 and was completed in 1896. This church was closed after 1947 and was later converted into a museum by the Garhwal Rifles Regimental Centre.
This Church is a beautiful structure with its Victorian style architecture. It attracts a significant number of visitors because of its beautiful stained glass windows. It has a picture gallery and a short 10 minute documentary on history of Lansdowne and Garhwal Rifles is played. It is open only on the weekends.
Entry Fee: Rs. 10 per person.
Timings of Audio-Visual Presentation: 8 AM
Timings: 8 AM - 5 PM on Saturday and Sunday