At a distance of 6 Kms from Pathanamthitta, Manjinikkara Church, also known as St. Stephen's Church is situated on a hillock near Omallur.
This is one of the major pilgrimage centers for Christian in this region. It was founded by Kassisso Skaria Malpan Elavinammannil in 1925 and was renovated in 1964. The church was built in modern style of architecture. The main altar of the church is dedicated to St. Stephen and the altars on either side are devoted to mother Mary and St. John the Baptist.
The holy Patriarch of Anthioch has died at this place in 1932 while on his visit to India. His mortal remains are kept in this church. The annual festival is celebrated on February 13th.
This place has limited public transport facilities from Pathanamthitta. Hiring a private vehicle is the best way to visit this place.