Coorg tour packages - explore a large collection of top rated Coorg holiday packages with itinerary, hotel options and price. Instantly book customized Coorg vacation packages at best price online.
Often referred to as the Scotland of India, Coorg is one of the best hill stations near Bangalore and best Tourist Places in Karnataka
. Enchanting hills, deep valleys, and aromatic coffee & tea plantations have made this coffee county a very popular place to enjoy vacations as part of Coorg Tour Packages
, whether you are alone, with family, with friends, or with your better half. Besides, this quaint hill station of Karnataka acts as a pleasant escape from the hot and humid climate of the region.
Blessed with lush green meadows and wonderful waterfalls, Coorg
can be described as a complete travel destination for nature lovers. If you want to soak in the bountiful nature of Coorg, book your Coorg Holiday Packages
with Trawell.in. Our packages have detailed itineraries that are crafted by our travel experts to cater to various travelers who love trekking, sightseeing that revolves around visiting the best attractions like temples, waterfalls, and famous viewpoints and wildlife.
Places to Visit in Coorg Trip
Coorg is blessed with several natural, scenic and pilgrimage sites. Dubare Elephant Camp, Abbey Falls, Raja's Seat, Talakaveri, Golden Temple at Bylakuppe, Omkareshwara Temple, Iruppu Falls & Nagarhole National Park are some of the most popular tourist places in Coorg. Dubare Elephant Camp
- is an elephant training center situated on the banks of the river Cauvery. Dubare is a natural island formed by Cauvery River. It is an important base for the Karnataka Forest Department's elephants and among the must include places in India wildlife tour packages. This camp has plenty of elephants which are trained under naturalists. The elephants used for Mysore Dussehra are trained at this camp. Abbey Falls
- it is a wonderful waterfall situated amidst the mountains of Western Ghats in Coorg. Abbi Falls is a popular attraction not to miss in Coorg tour Package. British called Abbey Waterfalls as Jessy waterfalls in memory of Jessy, the daughter of Madikeri's first British Captain Chaplain. Abbey Falls is situated in the middle of a private coffee plantations and spice estates. Raja's Seat
- Raja's Seat is a popular viewpoint towards the south of Madikeri Fort in the picturesque hill town of Madikeri, Coorg. This is one of the top tourist places to visit in Coorg and also a famous sunset point in Madikeri. The Raja's Seat, which means the Seat of Kings, is a brick and mortar structure with four pillars connected by arches. It is built on a high elevation with a commanding view of the cliffs and valleys. This lovely spot was once a favorite place of recreation for the King of Coorg. Talakaveri
- is the origin of the Cauvery River in Karnataka. It is situated on the slopes of the Brahmagiri mountain ranges near Bhagamandala at an altitude of 1276 m. At Talacauvery, there is a square tank called Cauvery Kundike or Brahma Kundike, which is considered to be the birth place of River Cauvery. Here, River Cauvery emerges as a perennial spring and disappears underground. River Cauvery again emerges at Nagathirtha near Bhagamandala and joins with Kannike and Sujyoti at Triveni Sangam. Golden Temple - Bylakuppe
- Golden Temple or Namdroling Monastery is a beautiful Buddhist Monastery situated in Bylakuppe. It is the second largest Tibetans settlement in India after Dharamshala. Bylakuppe Tibetan refugee settlement area established by Lugsum Samdupling in 1961 and Dickyi Larsoe in 1969 and is situated to the west of Mysore district close to Bangalore - Coorg route. The main tourist attraction here is the magnificent Namdroling Monastery. Popularly called as Golden Temple, the Namdroling Monastery was established by Drubwang Padma Norbu Rinpoche in 1963. Omkareshwara Temple
- is an ancient and magnificent temple situated near Madikeri Fort in Madikeri. It is one of the top places of pilgrimage in Madikeri. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, Omkareshwara Temple was built by Lingarajendra in 1820 CE. The Shivalinga installed inside the temple is believed to be brought from Kashi. More Coorg Tourist Places
Known for its awesome weather, and fresh coffee, Coorg's opulent natural beauty makes a perfect backdrop for an exciting hill station vacation. Coorg will hold on to your heart and never let go as the destination is exhilarating in summer, delightful in winter, and magical during monsoon. You can also choose various Coorg Tour Packages from Bangalore, Mangalore, and Mysore
right from 2D/1N to 5D/4N to explore Coorg. You can visit Abbey Falls, Bhagamandala, Talacauvery / Talakaveri, Raja's Seat, Omkareswara Temple, Dubare Elephant Camp, Cauvery Nisargadhama, Golden Temple / Tibetan Monastery as part of the 2D/1N Coorg Tour. You can include Irupu Falls, Nagarahole National Park for 3D/2N Coorg Packages. If you are a history buff, then choose Coorg 4D/3N package as the itinerary include Mysore sightseeing as well. While the 5D/4N Coorg package offers Ooty along with Coorg or Wayanad / Kannur Sightseeing.
Best Time to Visit Coorg
Although Coorg has pleasant weather throughout the year, post-monsoon and pre-summers are the best times to visit Coorg to experience the real beauty of the region. This is the time the hill station is spread with greenery and waterfalls are at their full glory. Also, the adventure water sports such as River Rafting are usually open. Though summers are pleasant, it does get crowded with tourists as it is the busiest season in Coorg. If you would like to explore the wildlife of Nagarhole, this is the best time but a heavy crowd usually spoils the experience, and getting safari tickets is also a cumbersome effort as no online booking is available for Nagarhole.
How to Reach Coorg By Air
- Nearest airport to Coorg is Mangalore which is about 146km away. Mangalore is connected by Air with major cities in India and has frequent flights from cities like Mumbai. By Train
- Mysore Junction is the nearest railway station to Coorg (Madikeri) which is about 117km from Coorg headquarters. Mysore is connected with all major cities in India including Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, etc By Bus
- Different towns in Coorg like Madikeri, Kushalnagar, Gonikoppal and Virajpet are well connected by Bus from major cities in Karnataka like Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore. The bus frequency is generally good and reliable.
About Coorg Packages Offered by Trawell.in
Be it a family trip or anniversary trip or a backpackers trip with your friends, our Coorg Tour Packages from Bangalore are ideal for everyone. We offer end-to-end services like luxurious and comfortable accommodation, transportation, and customized sightseeing tours at affordable rates. While in Coorg, travelers must enhance their trip by choosing the best resorts in Coorg
to pamper yourself with opulence amidst picturesque vistas. So without much ado, pack your bags and head to Coorg for an ultimate holiday experience. Explore our Coorg Travel Guide
for more details on your Coorg vacation.