St.Mary's Ferona Church - Athirampuzha
At a distance of 12 Kms from Kottayam Railway Station, St. Mary's Ferona Church is located in Athirampuzha, about 2 Kms from SH1 (from Ettumanoor junction). This place is also known as Valiya Pally.
The Church was constructed in 835 AD on a land donated by a Brahmin family. The renovation of the present church began in 1962 and was consecrated in 1966. Built in western architecture, the church is 180 feet tall and 55 feet wide. The bell tower measures a height of 85 feet, and houses three bells which were brought from Germany in 1905. The big cross in front of the church was built from a single block of stone.
The annual festival is celebrated for 8 days starting from January 19th every year. The festival, known as 'Athirampuzha Nercha' attracts a huge crowd.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 1 PM & 3:30 PM to 6 PM