At a distance of 2 Kms from Ooty Bus Station & Railway Station, Adam's Fountain in the Charing Cross junction is built in 1886 in the memory of Governor who spent his last days in Ooty. It is situated at a distance of 3.5 km from Ooty Lake.
This fountain is built with public subscription and total cost was about Rupees 14,000. It was initially installed infront of the Collector's office. Due to insufficient water suppy at it's previous position, it has been moved to the current position in 1998.