At a distance of 5 Kms from Mangalore Railway Station, Sultan Battery is a watchtower built by Tipu Sultan to watch the entry of warships into the Gurpur River. Situated at Boloor, it was built in 1784.
The structure is built with black stones and looks like a mini fortress with arrangements for deploying cannons. The watch tower is beautifully made and provides panoramic view of the surroundings of Gurpur River & Arabian Sea. The structure is well adorned with equipments for shooting canons.
This tower is recently renovated by Archeological Survey of India.