Hill Station | Pilgrimage | Adventure / Trekking
Nature & Scenic
At a distance of 2.5 km from Lansdowne Market, Tip-In-Top also known as Tiffin Top is situated in the ridge near St. Mary's Church in Lansdowne. This is a popular spot among tourists visiting Lansdowne.
Tiffin Top is a beautiful picnic spot located at a height of 2000 m above sea level and it provides an awesome view of the Chaukhamba and Trishul peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas. The sunset view from here is truly memorable. It is an ideal place to spend some quality time with family and friends amidst this beautiful location. This place needs a short walk of about 200 meters from the motorable road.
Snow View or Sunset View Point lies on the way to Tiffin Top. The point provides an awesome view of sunset and also the snow covered peaks of the surrounding Garhwal mountain peaks.
Lake & Backwaters
At a distance of 2 km from Lansdowne Market, Bhulla Tal is a small artificial lake situated in the town of Lansdowne. Created and maintained by Indian Army, Bhulla Lake, also known as Bhulla Tal, is one of the top places to visit in Lansdowne.
Bhulla Tal is dedicated to the young Garhwali youth of Garhwal Rifles, who helped in the construction of this lake. This tourist attraction gets its name from the Garhwali word, Bhulla which means younger brother. Bhulla Lake is a famous place and a perfect picnic spot in Lansdowne.
Bhulla Lake is a well maintained lake with clean environment. The lake offers boating facilities with beautiful duck shaped boats. A children park, bamboo machan and fountains have been erected as part of beautification of pristine surroundings. One can also find small souvenir shop, a cafe, herbal plants nursery, enclosure for rabbits near the Bhulla Lake. A small over bridge on the lake attracts visitors .....
At a distance of 37 km from Lansdowne and 69 km from Kotdwar, Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple is an ancient temple situated in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. Located atop a hill at an elevation of 2092 m, Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple is believed to be one of the ancient holy sites known as Siddha Piths dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the famous temples of Uttarakhand state.
According to the legend, Tarkasur was a demon who meditated and worshiped Lord Shiva at this location for a boon. Pleased by his devotion, Lord Shiva gave him a boon of immortality as per Tarkasur request except from Lord Shiva's son. Tarkasur started being evil by killing saints and threatening gods. Sages asked for help from Lord Shiva. Disturbed by wrong doings of Tarkasur, Lord Shiva married Parvati and Kartikeya is born. Kartikeya soon killed Tarkasur but at the time of death Tarkasur makes prayer to Lord Shiva and asked for pardon. Mahadev then attached his name to the temple where Tarkasur meditated .....
Museum & Gallery
At a distance of 2.5 km from Lansdowne Market, St. Mary's Church is an Anglican church situated near the Tip-In-Top hill point of Lansdowne.
St. Mary's Church is a popular tourist attraction of Lansdowne and was built by Col. A.H.B Hume of the Royal Engineers. Construction of this Church began in 1895 and was completed in 1896. This church was closed after 1947 and was later converted into a museum by the Garhwal Rifles Regimental Centre.
This Church is a beautiful structure with its Victorian style architecture. It attracts a significant number of visitors because of its beautiful stained glass windows. It has a picture gallery and a short 10 minute documentary on history of Lansdowne and Garhwal Rifles is played. It is open only on the weekends.
Entry Fee: Rs. 10 per person.
Timings of Audio-Visual Presentation: 8 AM
Timings: 8 AM - 5 PM on Saturday and Sunday
At a distance of 2 km from Lansdowne Market, St. John's Church is a Roman Catholic Church located at the Mall Road near St. Mary's Church in Lansdowne.
St. John's Church is the only running Church in Lansdowne and was established in 1936 under the supervision of Agra Diocese. The beautiful interiors and beautiful surroundings of the church attract pilgrims and tourists. The construction of this church was completed in the year 1937.
After 1947, St John's Church was kept abandoned for years and it was eventually handed over to the Government of India in 1951. In 1977, Rev. Gratian Mundadan wished to start a new mission station at Lansdowne and entrusted the responsibility to Fr. John Chakkanattu. It was in 1980, that the then Prime Minister of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, granted permission to handover the church to the diocese. The re-erected St. John's Catholic Church was blessed by Rt. Rev. Dr. Paulinus Jeerakath CMI, Bishop .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 1 km from Lansdowne Market, Garhwali Mess is one of the oldest and well maintained heritage buildings of Lansdowne.
This Garhwali Mess building was constructed by the British in January 1888. The mess kept alive the rich heritage of the hilly town. The mess is considered as a museum combining of wild animal skins, furnishings and trophies. There is a dial consisting of arrow symbols that direct the route for Nandadevi, Chaukhamba, Kamet and other peaks of the Himalayan Range.
Timings: 9 AM to 7 PM.
Museum & Gallery
At a distance of 500 m from Lansdowne Market near Parade Ground, Darwan Singh Regimental Museum is one of the top Lansdowne tourist places. The Museum houses numerous antique artifacts belonging to the Garhwal Rifles.
Regimental Museum is a historical defense museum named after the famous Victoria Cross holder Darwan Singh Negi. This museum was inaugurated in the year 1983 to preserve the elements used by the Garhwal Regiment. Darwan Singh was the Naik in 1st Battalion, 39th Garhwal Rifles, in British Indian Army during First World War. He fearlessly fought and impressed everyone with his performance and was awarded with Victoria Cross.
This beautiful two storey building exhibits Battle scenes of Pre-Independence and Post-Independence periods, portraits of the brave soldiers, achievements, customs, traditions, rich certificates and documents of world war I and II, war trophies, antiques, old dresses, medals, appreciations. .....
Adventure / Trekking
At a distance of 8.5 km from Rishikesh Railway Station, Brahmapuri Rafting Point is situated on Bhadrinath Road in Uttarakhand. It is one of the best places for adventure sports in Uttarakhand. This rafting stretch serves as the inaugural rafting trip every year in Rishikesh. The rafting trip is the first one to open and the last one to get closed each year.
The Brahmapuri rafting is one of the cost-effective and safe river rafting packages in Rishikesh. This stretch has around 4 rapids most of which can be classified as Grade I and Grade II. These are ideal for family rafting trips in Rishikesh and school groups. The 9 km long rafting stretch that starts from Brahmapuri takes about 2 hours which can be participated by anyone aged 8 years and above. The package includes Brahmapuri rafting trip and several fun activities like camping, bonfire, volleyball, cliff jumps, Body surfing, etc.
Rafting Cost: Rs.350 Per Person, Rs.1450 per person for 1N/2D
At a distance of 6 km from Rishikesh Railway Station, Tera Manzil Temple is a major landmark and a multi-storey temple located on the banks of river Ganga near Lakshman Jhula in Rishikesh. This temple is also known as Kailash Niketan Temple and is one of the most significant places of worship in Rishikesh. It is believed that this ancient temple is established by Adi Shankaracharya in the 9th century AD.
The temple is famous for its huge and beautiful architecture. It is a 13 floor structure and each floor has many small temples dedicated to many Hindu gods and goddesses. Tera Manzil temple is not dedicated to any single deity unlike other temples. The top floor of the temple offers panoramic view of sunset over the mountains of Rishikesh. This temple attracts a large number of tourists especially during Shravan Somvar and Maha Shivratri festivals.
Timings: 6 AM to 7 PM
Historical & Heritage | Nature & Scenic
At a distance of 6 km from Rishikesh Railway Station and 3 km Swarg Ashram, Lakshman Jhula is an iron suspension bridge situated in Rishikesh. It was erected over the Ganges River and is a landmark of Rishikesh.
Lakshman Jhula is originally a jute rope bridge. According to legend, Lord Rama's younger brother, Laxmana crossed the river Ganges at this point using Jute Rope Bridge. The bridge was washed away in the 1924 floods and it was replaced by the present iron bridge in 1939. It is 450 feet long and is situated at a height of 70 feet from the river. The bridge connects Pauri district with Tehri district. Another similar suspension bridge Ram Jhula was built in 1986 at nearby Sivananda Nagar.
This jhula provides a beautiful view of famous temples, ashrams and River Ganga. The jhula has now become one of the most visited tourist spots of Rishikesh, not simply because of its ancient origin and religious sanctity, but also because of the grand temples situated around this area. .....
At a distance of 1.5 km from Rishikesh Railway Station, Triveni Ghat is a bathing spot on the right bank of the River Ganges in Rishikesh. It is one of the sacred ghats on the banks of the river Ganges and among the most famous Rishikesh sightseeing places.
Triveni Ghat is located at the confluence of three religious rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati. Various pilgrims visit this place to take a holy dip in Triveni Ghat, before visiting the famous temples of Rishikesh. A popular belief is that anyone who takes a dip in Triveni Ghat will be relieved from all sins carried out and attain salvation.
The Ganga Aarti or Maha Aarti an evening prayer performed on the banks of the River Ganga is the major highlight of the ghat, which attracts a large number of devotees and visitors as part of Rishikesh tour. The Aarti is accompanied with chanting .....
At a distance of 5 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Vaishno Devi Temple is a Hindu temple located at Jwalapur in Haridwar. It is one of the famous places of sightseeing in Haridwar.
The Temple is dedicated to Mata Vaishno Devi and is modeled after the famous Vaishno Devi Temple in Jammu & Kashmir. This temple is relatively new but it has been attracting a large number of tourists as part of Haridwar tour packages.
The main deities in the temple are Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Kali, and Goddess Saraswati. It is believed that all three Goddesses together became Vaishno Devi to kill the demon Mahishasura. It is believed that the Goddess blesses only those who truly intend to seek her blessings from the bottom of their hearts.
Apart from Kumbh Mela, the temple celebrates many festivals like Basant Panchami, Makar Sankranti, Ganga .....
At a distance of 1 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Vishnu Ghat is a bathing ghats along the banks of the Ganga River in Haridwar. It is one of the many sacred ghats in Haridwar, and among the must-visit attractions as part of Haridwar tour.
Named after Lord Vishnu, Vishnu Ghat is believed to be the same place where Lord Vishnu bathed. Legend states that a dip in the holy water of this ghat washes away all the sins. Owing to the immense faith in Lord Vishnu by the people of Haridwar, devotees visit this land to take a dip in the ghat. It is one of the religious Haridwar attractions.
Vishnu ghat is not much crowded like the Har Ki Pauri ghat so one can take a dip with complete peace. The flow of the river is fast and it is narrow. The actual river flows east of the Vishnu Ghat but the river has been diverted by the government so that .....
At a distance of 5 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Chandi Devi Temple is one of the famous temples situated atop the Neel Parvat on the Eastern summit of the Shivalik Hills in Haridwar at an altitude of 2,900 m.
This temple is dedicated to Goddess Chandi Devi, an incarnation of Goddess Parvati. This is one of the most famous temples of India. This Temple is highly revered by devotees as a Siddh Peetha which is a place of worship where desires get fulfilled. It is one of three such Peethas located in Haridwar, the other two being Mansa Devi Temple and Maya Devi Temple.
Chandi Devi Temple was built in 1929 by Suchat Singh in his reign as the King of Kashmir. However, the main idol of Chandi Devi at the temple is said to have been installed in the 8th century by Adi Shankaracharya. The temple, also known as Neel Parvat Teerth, is one of the Panch Tirth located within Haridwar.
According to legend, the kingdom .....
At a distance of 3 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Mansa Devi Temple is a Hindu temple located atop the Bilwa Parvat on the Shivalik Hills in Haridwar. The temple also known as Bilwa Tirth is one of the Panch Tirthas (Five Pilgrimages) within Haridwar.
The temple is dedicated to Goddess Mansa Devi, a form of Shakti and is said to have emerged from the mind of the Sage Kashyap. Mansa is regarded as the sister of the Naga (serpent) Vasuki. This Temple is highly revered by devotees as a Siddh Peetha which is a place of worship where desires get fulfilled. It is one of three such Peethas located in Haridwar, the other two being Chandi Devi Temple and Maya Devi Temple. The inner shrine has two deities installed, one with eight arms and the other one three headed with five arms.
The term Mansa means wish and it is believed that the goddess fulfills all the wishes of sincere devotees who tie threads to the branches of .....
At a distance of 2 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Har Ki Pauri is a holy ghat on the banks of the River Ganges in Haridwar. It is the major landmark of the holy city of Haridwar and among the must-include places in Haridwar holiday packages.
Har Ki Pauri was constructed by King Vikramaditya in memory of his brother, Brithari in the 1st century BC. It is said that Brithari used to meditate on the banks of the River Ganges. Har Ki Pauri, one of the most famous Haridwar sightseeing places, is believed to be the precise spot where the Ganges leaves the mountains and enters the plains.
Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu are believed to have visited the Brahmakund in Har Ki Pauri in the Vedic times. It is also said that Lord Brahma, who is the Hindu God of Creation, performed a yagna at this place. There is a large footprint said to belong to .....
At a distance of 4 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station and 2.5 km from Har Ki Pauri, Pawan Dham Temple is situated along the Rishikesh road in Haridwar.
Pawan Dham is one among the most visited pilgrimage shrines in Haridwar and is counted among the ancient temples of Haridwar. The temple is famous for its beautiful architecture. The founder of Pawan Dham was Swami Vedantanandji Maharaj.
The wonderful glass work and artistically designed walls are the special attractions of the temple reasons of its popularity. The work describes the rich culture and heritage of the ancient India. Stories of Hindu Mythology such as Sri Ganga Avatar, Krishna Aur Balaram Kaa Makhan Chori, Mahabharata, etc. are displayed on the walls of the temple and colorful patterns on the glasses.
There are also well decorated marble idols of Hindu gods and goddesses such as Lord Hanuman, Lord Ganesh, Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu, Lord Rama, Durga, Santoshi Mata, etc. The idols of Lakshmi-Narayana, .....
At a distance of 500 m from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Sri Doodhadhari Barfani Temple situated inside Doodhadhari Barfani Baba Ashram in Haridwar.
The temple is one of the popular attractions in Haridwar. The temple is famous for its beautiful architecture. Built completely using white marble, the temple attracts thousands of tourists. Within the temple complex, there are several temples dedicated to various Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Of these, the Ram-Sita Mandir and the Hanuman temple are worth visiting.
Timings: 6 AM to 8 PM
At a distance of 3.5 km from Haridwar Junction Railway Station, Daksheswara Mahadev Temple or Daksha Mahadev temple is located in Kankhal in Haridwar.
This temple is named after King Daksha Prajapati, the father of Sati. Daksha is one of the fourteen Prajapatis, creator deities, who preside over procreation and are the protectors of life in Hindu mythology. Popularly known as Sri Daksheshwar Temple, this temple was initially constructed in 1810 AD by Queen Dhankaur. However, the temple was again rebuilt in 1962.
According to the legend, Daksha Prajapati performed a holy ritual, known as Daksha Yagna at this place. However, he did not invite Lord Shiva, who was his son-in-law, for this Yagna. However, Sati, the daughter of Daksha attended the yagna. Daksha insulted Lord Shiva in the Yagna. Feeling insulted by her father's behavior, Sati sacrificed her life in the fire of the Yagna. The Daksha Mahadev Temple is believed to .....
|Rishikesh - Haridwar||4D/3N||₹ 9950||View Details|
|Nainital - Jim Corbett||4D/3N||₹ 11650||View Details|
|Mussoorie - Rishikesh - Haridwar||5D/4N||₹ 13650||View Details|
|Nainital - Almora - Ranikhet||5D/4N||₹ 14250||View Details|
|Nainital - Almora - Jim Corbett||6D/5N||₹ 16650||View Details|