#20 of 32 Places to Visit in Kullu
Distance (From Kullu Bus Station): 0.5 Kms
Trip Duration (Including Travel): 1 Hour
Transportation Options: Cab / Walk/Trek
Travel Tips: None
At a distance of 0.5 km from Kullu Bus stand, Sultanpur Palace is a popular attraction in Kullu located at distance of 100 m from Raghunathji Temple.
The Sultanpur Palace was formerly called the Rupi Palace, which was originally built by Raja Jagat Singh in the year 1660. This beautiful palace was reconstructed near the old palace after it got destroyed by a massive earthquake in 1905. The architecture of the Palace is simple with a mixture of Pahari and colonial styles. Huge wooden logs were used to construct the massive gates that lead to the entrance of the palace. The interior of the palace is remarkable and the palace has some beautiful wall paintings that are well-preserved.
The Sultanpur palace is famous for its attractive miniature paintings in Kullu style. This Palace houses large number of miniature paintings. The style of paintings is based on scenic designs and rural backgrounds without any human element included in them. The Sultanpur palace is the residence of the erstwhile ruling family. The tourists will have to take permission from the residents before visiting the palace. The mesmerizing natural beauty of the Kullu region can be viewed from the surroundings of the palace.