Historical & Heritage | City
At a distance of 29 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Swaminarayan Akshardham is a Hindu temple located in Gandhinagar city of Gujarat State. It is one of the most magnificent temples in India, and among the top attractions in Ahmedabad.
Dedicated to Swaminarayan, Akshardham Temple was commissioned by Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) after initiation by its promoter, Pramukh Swami Maharaj in 1979. It took 13 years to complete and was inaugurated in 1992. It is a Hindu house of worship and a spiritual and cultural campus dedicated to devotion, education, and unification. A specimen of fine craftsmanship, the Akshardham Temple in Gandhinagar is one of the largest and most prominent temples in Gujarat state.
Sprawling across an area of 23 acres, the temple complex consists of a splendid shrine, large prayer halls, exhibition .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 21 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Adalaj Stepwell, also called Adalaj ni Vav is a stepwell located in the village of Adalaj near Ahmedabad city of Gujarat. It is one of the famous places of heritage in Gujarat, and among the must-include places in Ahmedabad tour packages.
Also known as Rudabai Stepwell, Adalaj Stepwell was built in 1499 by Queen Rudabai, wife of Vaghela chief, Veer Singh. According to history, the construction of stepwell was started by King Rana Veer Singh and he died in a war with King Mahmud Begada unfortunately. Begada fell for the beauty of the widowed Queen Rudabai and asked her to marry him. The Queen agreed to marry Begada on the condition that he completes the construction of the stepwell that was started by her husband. He agreed and started the construction again. When the well got completed, Rani Rudabai jumped into the vav and committed .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 8 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Sabarmati Ashram, also known as Gandhi Ashram is located in the Sabarmati suburb of Ahmedabad. Situated on the banks of the River Sabarmati, it is one of the prime Ahmedabad places to visit.
Formerly known as Satyagraha Ashram, the Sabarmati Ashram was established by Mahatma Gandhi in the year 1915 at the Kocharab Bungalow of Jivanlal Desai, a barrister friend of Gandhi. Later on, it was shifted to the banks of Sabarmati River and then it came to be known as 'Sabarmati Ashram'. This was one of the residences of Gandhi, who lived here with his wife, Kasturba Gandhi from 1917 to 1930 CE.
The ashram was served as one of the main centers of the Indian freedom struggle. Gandhiji led the Dandi March or the Salt Satyagraha from this Ashram on 12th March 1930 and had taken a vow that he will not return to Sabarmati Ashram until India gained independence. In gratitude .....
At a distance of 4 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Sabarmati Riverfront is a waterfront developed along the banks of Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad. It is one of the beautiful places to visit in Ahmedabad.
Sabarmati Riverfront is a project undertaken by Gujarat Government in order to preserve the river and promote tourism. Even though the project was proposed in 1960s, the construction was began in 2005. Since 2012, the waterfront is gradually opened to public with various facilities. The prime agendas of this project include environment improvement, social infrastructure and sustainable development.
The main feature of this 11 km long riverfront project is a two-level promenade situated on both sides of the river where the lower level serves only pedestrians and cyclists while the upper level is capable of hosting numerous cultural and educational events, leisure activities, large public parks and plazas and a few areas for commercial and retail development. This is an ideal spot .....
At a distance of 4 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Hutheesing Jain Temple is a Jain temple situated at Madhupura locality of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Also known as Hatheesingh Jain Derasar, it is one of the prominent Jain temples in Gujarat and among the best places to visit in Ahmedabad.
The Hatheesing Jain Temple was constructed in the year 1850 AD by Seth Hutheesing, a prosperous Jain merchant. Named after its founder, Hatheesingh Temple of Amdavad was built in the honor of Lord Dharmnath, the15th Jain Tirthankara. The temple is known for its fabulous architectural styling and designing that consists of intricate carvings. The architect of the temple is Premchand Salat and is now managed by Hutheesing family trust.
The temple is an architectural marvel that has been built using beautiful white marbles. Hutheesing Jain Temple is a double storied construction which houses the marble idol of Lord Dharmnath, the 15th Tirthankara. The main shrine lies on the east and the temple is covered .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 2.5 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Dada Harir Vav is a stepwell situated in Aswara area of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Popularly known as Dada Hari ni Vav, it is one of the beautiful stepwells in Gujarat and among the popular places of heritage in Ahmedabad.
Dada Harir Stepwell was built in 1485 by Dhai Harir, a household lady of Mahmud Begada according to the Persian inscription in the stepwell. She was the superintendent of the royal harem. The well bears two inscriptions, one in Sanskrit on the south, and one in Arabic on the north wall, of the first gallery. Like most step-wells, this vav is also designed to store water and also a resting place for the travelers. The well lies just behind the tomb of Dada Hari.
This seven-storey step well has a spiral stairway that takes visitors to each storey. The walls and pillars are detailed intricately with delicate carvings and floral sculptures. The decorated arches and ornate columns showcase a fine blend of traditional Muslim .....
At a distance of 2 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Swaminarayan Temple is a Hindu temple situated at Kalupur area of Ahmedabad. It is one of the popular places of pilgrimage in Gujarat and among the best places to visit in Ahmedabad.
Dedicated to Lord NarNarayan, Kalupur Swaminarayan Temple is the first and foremost temple of the Swaminarayan Sect. Swaminarayan Sampraday is categorized into two sections namely the NarNarayan Dev Gadi and the Lakshmi Narayan Dev Gadi. Swaminarayan Temple at Kalupur serves as the headquarters of the NarNarayan Dev Gadi. According to history, the land for construction of this temple was given by the British Imperial Government in 1822 CE. The task of constructing this temple was hand over to Anandanand Swami by Swaminarayan.
The structure of the temple is mesmerizing and has been designed like a mansion. The temple is carved in Burmese teak, and every arch and bracket is painted with bright colors. It is adorned with brilliantly ornamented domes and .....
Historical & Heritage | Pilgrimage
At a distance of 2 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Jama Masjid, literally known as Friday Mosque, is a splendid mosque situated within the old city region of Ahmedabad. Located on the western side of Manek Chowk, it is one of the beautiful mosques in India, and among the best pilgrimage in Gujarat.
Also known as Jami or Jumma Mosque, Jama Mosque was built in 1423 AD during the reign of Ahmed Shah I, the founder of Ahmedabad city. It is considered the largest mosque in the Indian subcontinent built in this period, and among the must-include places in Ahmedabad tour. The mosque was originally intended only for the private use of the sultans. This edifice was built by using materials retrieved from the demolished Hindu and Jain temples. The most striking feature of the construction is its unique meshwork in the main prayer hall, which allows enough illumination into the room without .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 2.5 km from Ahmedabad Junction, Bhadra Fort is an ancient fort situated on the east bank of Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat. It is one of the historical places in Gujarat and among the most popular Ahmedabad Tourist Places.
Bhadra Fort was built in 1411 AD by Sultan Ahmad Shah I, the founder of Ahmedabad city. In the year 1573, Bhadra Fort was taken over by the Mughal emperor Akbar. Under the rule of Mughals, Ahmedabad became the leading center of textiles in Gujarat. Peshwas and Gaekwads jointly ended the Mughal rule and established Maratha Empire in 1583 CE. The British defeated the Marathas in the war held between 1775 AD and 1782 AD but they gave back the fort after signing a treaty with the Marathas. The British captured the fort in 1817 CE and was used as a jail till independence.
The fort was named so because of the presence of Bhadra Kali Temple which was built during the reign of the Marathas. .....
|Best of Ahmedabad in 2 Days||2D/1N||₹ 5000||View Details|
|Ahmedabad with Statue of Unity in 3 Days||3D/2N||₹ 8450||View Details|
|Dwarka, Somnath, Gir & Ahmedabad in 5 Days||5D/4N||₹ 13850||View Details|
|Dwarka, Somnath & Ahmedabad in 5 Days||5D/4N||₹ 13850||View Details|
|Best of Gujarat in 6 Days||6D/5N||₹ 16000||View Details|