Parshwanatha Basadi - Chandragiri
Historical | Pilgrimage
#7 of 22 Places to Visit in Shravanabelagola
Distance (From Sravanbelagola): 0.5 Kms
Trip Duration (Including Travel): 15 Mins or Less
Place Location: On Chandragiri Hill
Transportation Options: Walk/Trek
Travel Tips: This is situated on Chandragiri hill and can be visited along with all other structures on Chandragiri
At a distance of 0.5 Km from Shravanabelagola Bus Station & 1.5 km from Bahubali Gomateshwara Temple, Parshwanatha Basadi is located on Chandragiri Hill. The basadi contains a garbagriha, a sukhanasi, a navaranga and a porch. This is a beautiful structure with decorated outer walls. The doorways are lofty and the navaranga as well as the porch have verandhas at their sides. The pillars in the navaranga are of round Ganga type with bell, vase and wheel mouldings. The image of Parshwanatha is the tallest on the hill which is 18 feet in height.
The manastambha (pillar) in front of the Parshwanatha basadi has a pavilion on the top containing standing Jain figures facing four directions. This pillar is sculptured on all the four sides of the base and contains the figure of Padmavathi on the south, Yaksha on the east, seated Kushmandini on the north and a galloping horseman on the west. It was built by a Jain merchant Puttaiya between 1672 & 1704 AD.