At a distance of 0.5 Km from Kollam Railway Station, Clock Tower is situated in Chinnakada and it is a major landmark in the town of Kollam. This tower has become an unofficial symbol of Kollam District.
This quadrangular tower was built by the natives in honor of Unichakam Veedu K G Parameshwaran Pillai, the former chairman of Kollam Municipality between 1932 & 1948. The construction was started in 1941 and completed in 1944. Built with brick and white cement, it has the distinction of being the first clock tower of Travancore. The four big clocks placed on the sides were brought from Kolkata.