Historical & Heritage | City
At a distance of 1,474 km from Mumbai, 1,462 km from Kolkata, 1,543 km from Hyderabad, 2,171 km from Chennai, 2,131 km from Bangalore, Delhi, also known as Dilli, is officially the National Capital Territory (NCT). New Delhi, the national capital of India, is one of the nine districts of the NCT of Delhi.
Located in northern part of India, Delhi is situated on the banks of River Yamuna at an elevation of 293 meters. It is bound by the states of Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. Delhi is India's second most populous city after Mumbai. With an area of 47.2 sq. km, it is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. The IT sector, handloom, fashion, textile and electronic industry contribute a lot to Delhi's economy.
Historically, the city was known as Indraprastha or Hastinapura, the renowned capital of the legendary Pandavas, which has overwhelming history and rich .....
At a distance of 34 km from Delhi, 233 km from Jaipur, 196 km from Agra and 278 km from Chandigarh, Gurgaon is a city and headquarters of Gurgaon district in the state of Haryana. Along with Faridabad, it is the industrial and financial center of the state. It is one of the four important satellite cities of the National Capital Region and is often referred to as the Millennium City.
Gurgaon, also known as Guru Gram (village of the spiritual teacher) was named after Dronacharya, guru of Pandavas and Kauravas in Epic Mahabharata. It is said that Guru Dronacharya gave spiritual instructions to the Pandavas and the Kauravas at this place. The city was ruled by Yaduvanshis, Rajputs, Marathas, Mughals and British. Gurgaon was initially a small farming village, but now a large number of industries like Maruti, Atlas Cycles etc. have sprang up in this area. Many corporates, MNCs and reputed educational institutions and schools have also made it their location for head office. Gurgaon has .....
At a distance of 65 km from Noida, 85 km from Delhi, 110 km from Gurgaon, 68 km from Meerut, and 414 km from Lucknow, Bulandshahr is a town and headquarters of Bulandshahr district in Uttar Pradesh. It is part of the Delhi National Capital Region (NCR).
According to legend, this region is close to the capital of the Pandavas - Indraprastha and Hastinapur. After the decline of Hastinapur, Ahar, which is situated in the north-east part of Bulandshahr District, became an important place for the Pandavas. A Tomar king named Ahibaran, laid the foundation of a fort called Barn here and established his capital. The city was earlier called Barn city and since it was perched on a highland, it also came to be known as the High City. Subsequently, the city got the name Bulandshahr, which in Persian means High City.
The Barn kingdom was a great center for trade, commerce and arts, which existed for hundreds of years. In 1192 AD when Muhammad Ghauri conquered parts of India, his general .....
At a distance of 4 km from Qutub Minar and 19 Km from New Delhi Railway Station, Sri Aadya Katyayani Shakti Peeth Mandir, popularly known as Chhatarpur Temple is located Chhatarpur near Mehrauli - Gurgaon road. This is one of the largest temple complexes in India and also among the most popular Delhi places to visit.
The main deity of the temple is Goddess Katyayani, an incarnation of Goddess Durga. Riding a lion and holding the glorious Chandrahasa (sword) in her hand, Goddess Katyayani is associated with the fierce form of Shakti and is one of the more widely revered and worshipped forms of Goddess Durga. The temple was established in 1974, by Baba Sant Nagpal ji. His samadhi shrine lies in the premises of the Shiv-Gauri Nageshwar Mandir within the temple complex.
The architecture of the temple is a blend of Nagara and Dravidian styles. The complex built entirely with marble is spread over an area of approximately 70 acres with beautiful lawns and gardens. The main shrine .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 20 km from New Delhi Railway Station and 5 km from Tughlaqabad Railway Station, Tughlaqabad Fort is a ruined fort situated on the main Mehrauli - Badarpur Road in South Delhi. It is one of the ideal places to visit near Delhi for a day trip.
The Tughlaqabad Fort was built by the founder of the Tughlaq Dynasty, Ghiyas-ud-din-Tughlaq in 1321. Ghias-ud-din Tughlaq, also called as Ghazi Malik, was the slave who served Sultan Mubarak Khilji of Khilji Dynasty. Ghazi Malik drove away the Khilji ruler and built his city of Tughlaqabad and the fort. Established as the 3rd historic city, the fort was later abandoned in 1327 after a curse given by Nizamuddin Auliya.
The fort is divided into three parts, main city area with houses built along a rectangular grid between its gates, the citadel with a tower at its highest point known as Bijai-Mandal and the adjacent palace area containing the royal residences. The fortified city .....
Nature & Scenic
At a distance of 22 km from Gurgaon and 59 km from Delhi, Manesar is a fast growing industrial town in Gurgaon district of Haryana and is a part of the National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi. It is a popular getaway from Delhi city for a quick day trip.
Manesar lies on the outskirts of the city of Gurgaon, which has earned it the name New Gurgaon. Original Manesar village was a sleepy village of about 1000 dwellings on Delhi-Jaipur highway (NH-8), but since late nineties it has been transformed into one of the fastest growing townships in NCR.
Today, Manesar has many reputed factories, offices, hotels and educational institutes. The headquarters of some prestigious national institutions like National Bomb Data Centre and National Brain Research Centre are located at Manesar. The training center as well as the Head Office of the National Security Guards is also based at Manesar.
At a distance of 16 km from Gurgaon and 50 km from Delhi, Sultanpur National Park, formerly Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is located at Sultanpur in Gurgaon district of Haryana state. It is one of the popular places to visit near Delhi for a day trip.
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is very popular national park and ideal for bird watching. Established in 1972 as the Sultanpur Bird Reserve, this place was upgraded to National Park in 1989. Since then, the lake that earlier had to depend on monsoon for its water was provided water from Yamuna River enabling it to remain full throughout the year. Spread over an area of 1.43 sq. km, this bird sanctuary is inhabited by over 250 species of birds. During the winter months, it attracts more than 100 varieties of migratory bird species from Siberia, Afghanistan, Russia, Turkey and East European countries.
Birds like common hoopoe, common spoonbill, paddy field pipit, purple sunbird, little cormorant, Eurasian thick-knee, gray francolin, black .....
Lake & Backwater
At a distance of 25 km from Gurgaon, 51 km from New Delhi and 10 km from Sohna, Damdama Lake is a natural lake near Sohna in Gurgaon district of Haryana and is a popular picnic spot among tourists visiting Gurgaon.
Located near the Aravalli Hills, this lake is one of the biggest lakes in Haryana with an area of 3,000 acres. The Lake is spread in the shape of an amoeba and has many branches. Damdama Lake was formed when a stone and earthen dam constructed by the British in 1947. The lake is fed mainly by monsoon rain pouring into the base of the Aravalli hills. During monsoon the water level reaches up to 50 feet - 70 feet.
Tourists visiting this place can indulge in boating, hot air ballooning, parasailing, kayaking and fishing. Adventure sports like rock climbing, trekking and camping are also possible in the destination. Damdama Lake is home to around 190 species of birds. Some of the major birds seen here are water fowl, cranes, cormorants, terns, egrets, kingfishers etc.
Nature & Scenic | Pilgrimage
At a distance of 25 km from Gurgaon, Sohna is a town in the Gurgaon district of Haryana. Sohna is situated in the foothills of Aravallis. It is famous for its hot water springs and an ancient Shiva Temple. The town derives its name from the gold dust which was found in the sand of streams in peak monsoon season.
Sohna is well known for its hot water springs. The springs are located at the foot of a perpendicular rock, and are capped by a dome believed to have been built in the 14th century. The water is strongly sulphurous and its temperature varies from 46°C to 51.7°C. According to legend, Arjun, one of the five Pandav brothers, dug these wells when he was thirsty. It is also called Shiv Kund, is said to have medicinal properties and curative effects. During the solar or lunar eclipse and Somvati Amavasya, several Hindus take a dip in this holy tank.
The Ancient Shiv Temple here was built by the Raja of Gwalior. Every year on the occasion of Shiv Chaudas and Shiv Ratri the .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 47 km from Gurgaon, Nuh is a historical town and the district headquarters of Mewat district in Haryana. It is situated on the Delhi-Alwar Highway. The town assumed importance at the time of Bahadur Singh of Ghasera because of the trade in salt manufactured in neighboring villages.
There are several historical ruins around Nuh that date back to the 14th century. Prominent structures include the mosque and the tomb of Bahadur Khan Nahir. The highlight of these structures is the architecture and carvings on the red sandstone and grey quartzite. Chui Mai Pond is a rectangular ancient water tank with a cenotaph of red stone with beautiful carvings.
There is also a natural reservoir in Nalhad, a village 2 km from Nuh under the Aravalli Hills. The distinct feature of the reservoir is that its water keeps flowing out of the reservoir all round the year. There is also a Lord Shiva temple.
Tomb of Sheikh Musa is .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 24 km from Gurgaon & 55 km from New Delhi, Farrukhnagar is a historical town in Gurgaon district of Haryana. It is one of the nine administrative blocks of Gurgaon district and shares its border with Jhajjar district.
Farukh Nagar was established in 1732 by Faujdar Khan, the first Nawab of Farrukhnagar and a governor under Mughal Emperor. Farrukhnagar flourished due to its salt trade till the late 19th century, and was abandoned in the early 20th century during the British Raj. Sheesh Mahal and Jama Masjid are the noted Mughal era monuments situated in this fort town.
Farukh Nagar Fort, which was built in the 18th century by Nawab Faujdar Khan, is one of the popular tourist attractions in the town. The fort has an impressive bastion Dilli Darwaza, with a typical Mughal architecture. It was one of the entrance gates to the Farukh Nagar town. Today the fort is mostly in ruins, though it underwent restoration in 2009. Out of five entrances, this gateway is one .....
Historical & Heritage
At a distance of 39 km from Bulandshahr, 55 km from Meerut, 58 km from Ghaziabad, 75 km from Noida, 83 km from New Delhi and 172 km from Mathura, Kuchesar is small village in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh. Kuchesar is an ideal weekend getaway from Delhi, Noida & Gurgaon. Kuchesar is known for the Kuchesar Fort, also known as Rao Raj Vilas, built by the Jat rulers.
The fort was built in the mid-18th century by the Jat rulers and is surrounded by a 100-acre mango grove. During 1740, the Jats became strong military power who originally belong to Mandoti in Haryana and were the descendants from the Jats of the Dalal sub-caste.
The Kuchesar Fort was brought into the Ajit Singh's family's possession in the 18th century when the Mughal emperor Najib-ud-Daulah bestowed the Jat family with the title of Rao Bahadur and the Jagir of Kuchesar comprising of 365 villages. The mud fort of Kuchesar was captured in 1763 but was recovered .....
At a distance of 68 km from Ghaziabad, 52 km from Bulandshahr, 44 km from Meerut & 93 km from New Delhi, Garhmukteshwar is a holy town in Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh. It is situated on the banks of holy Ganges River and is a well known tourist place near Delhi, Noida & Gurgaon..
Garhmukteswar is mentioned in Bhagvat Purana and the Mahabharata. It is believed that Garhmukteswar was a part of ancient city Hastinapur, the capital of Kauravas. There is an ancient fort which was believed to have been constructed by the Pandavas It was later renovated by a Maratha General Mir Bhawan during Anglo Maratha War. Not much remains of that Fort now and one can only trace some ruins.
The name Garhmukteswar is derived from the great temple of Mukteshwar Mahadeva, dedicated to Lord Shiva and goddess Ganga. This temple is one of the most known and ancient temples located in Garhmukteshwar and said to have been built by King Shivi. There is a huge Shiva Linga installed inside this temple .....
Please wait... the destinations are being loaded
Top 5 Delhi Packages
|Quick Tour of Delhi in 2 Days||2D/1N||₹ 5150||View Details|
|Best of Delhi in 3 Days||3D/2N||₹ 7300||View Details|
|Delhi & Agra in 3 Days||3D/2N||₹ 8400||View Details|
|Delhi, Agra & Mathura - Vrindavan||4D/3N||₹ 10600||View Details|
|Golden Triangle Tour from Delhi||5D/4N||₹ 12600||View Details|