At a distance of 3 Kms from Mysore Railway Station & 2 Kms from KSRTC Bus Station, the Gayathri Temple dedicated to Goddess Parvathi is one of the temples located in Mysore Palace grounds. Gayatri temple was constructed by Jayachamaraja Wodeyar, the last King of Mysore, in 1953.
Along with Goddess Parvathi, the temple has shrines for Savitri, Gayathri and Lakshmi. The mandapa has statues of Ganesha, Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. The famous sculptor of Mysore, Shilpi Siddalingaswamy carved the sculptures in the temple.