At a distance of 2 Kms from Mysore Railway Station & 3 Kms from KSRTC Bus Station, the Cheluvamba Mansion is located on the Mysore- Krishnaraja Sagar road, close to the City Railway Station.
Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV built a mansion for each of his three daughters. This Mansion was built in 1910 - 11 for the third princess of Mysore, Cheluvajammanni. The Mansion is named after the princess and therefore called Cheluvamba Mansion. Like all the other mansions this one too is spread over a huge area and is surrounded by gardens. The Mansion is beautifully built and all the rooms have splendid cravings.
This building houses Mysore's premier research institution, the Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI). This is another imposing building constructed on an elevated place with an extensive area.
Entry into this complex is restricted for general public.