At a distance of 16 Kms from Mysore, Jumma Masjid or Masjid-e-Ala is situated near the Bangalore Gate of the Srirangapatna Fort. It was constructed by Tipu Sultan in 1784.
It is a grand structure with two large octagonal minarets. The minarets stand on a high platform with an open court in the front. On the walls of the prayer hall, 99 names of Allah are inscribed. There are about 200 steps leading to the top of the minarets from where one can have a splendid view of the surrounding. The walls and ceilings of Masjid are well decorated with Persian scriptures and ornamentation.