At a distance of 3 km from Ellora Caves and 25 km from Aurangabad Railway Station, Khuldabad also known as Khultabad is a municipal council and a taluka of Aurangabad district of Maharashtra. Initially it was known as Rauzaa as meaning garden of paradise.
Khuldabad is known as the Valley of Saints, or the Abode of Eternity, because in the 14th century, several Sufi saints chose to reside here. The Dargah of Zar Zari Zar Baksh, Shaikh Burhan ud-din Gharib Chisti and Shaikh Zainuddin Shirazi are situated here. Its historical significance is attested by the ruins of the city wall constructed by Aurangzeb (1658-1707 AD). It has seven gates namely, Nagarkhana, Pangra, Langda, Mangalpeth, Kunbi Ali, Hamdadi and a wicket gate called Azam Shahi.
The important structures in and around Khuldabad are Bhadra Maruti Temple, Aurangzeb's Tomb, Tombs of Azam Shah and his wife, Zain-ud-din's Dargah, Burhan-ud-din's mausoleum, Tombs of Asaf Jah and Nasir Jang, Bani Begum's Maqbara, Khan Jahan's .....