At a distance of 7 km from Pune Junction Railway Station, Tulsi Baug is a prominent shopping area located in the heart of Pune City. This is one of the most visited places in Pune.
Tulsi Baug gets its name from the Tulsibaug wada located in this area, which is a famous temple of Lord Rama, Ganapathi and Shankar. The original temple was built during the Peshwa era, under Naro Appaji Khire, also known as Tulsibaugwale (1700-1775), the Subhedar of Pune.
The statues of Lord Ram, Sita, and Lakshmana, made by Umajibaba Pandharpurkar, were placed in the sanctum of the temple in November 1765. In 1767, the statue of Lord Hanuman, crafted by Bakhatram Patharvat Gujrathi, was placed in the sanctum. Later in 1781 statues of Ganapathi and Parvati were brought to the temple In 1884 Nandram Naik completed work on the spire (shikhar) and the Sabhamandap.
To the north of the Ram temple, a large wada was built that would serve as a residence for the heirs to Naro Appaji. Apart from .....