At a distance of 6.5 km from New Delhi Railway Station and 5 km from Hazrat Nizamuddin Station, Lodi Garden is located at Lodi Road. This protected complex encloses several historical monuments including tombs, mosques and a bridge, belonging to the Lodi and Sayyid dynasties. It is one of the popular places to visit in Delhi city.
The beautiful Lodi Garden was built by two Delhi Sultanate dynasties, the Sayyids and Lodis in the 15 and 16th centuries. It was landscaped in 1936 by Lady Willington, wife of Marquees of Willington, Governor-General of India during the British rule. The original name of Lodhi Garden was Lady Willington Park which later renamed as Lodi Garden after Indian Independence in 1947.
Lodi Garden has a huge park with wide lawns, trees, plants and flowers, set against a backdrop of beautiful monuments. Spread over 90 acres, it contains Mohammed Shah's Tomb, Tomb of Sikandar Lodi, Shisha Gumbad and Bara Gumbad.
The tomb of Mohammed Shah, the last ruler .....