At a distance of 6 Kms from Nampally Railway Station & 4 km from Charminar, the Toli Masjid, situated in the suburb of Karvan was built in 1671 by Mir Musa Khan Mahaldar, royal architect of Abdullah Qutb Shah. It is also called as Damdi Masjid.
The facade has 5 arches, each with lotus medallions in the spandrels. The central arch is slightly wider and more ornate. The interior of the mosque is divided into two halls, a transverse outer hall and an inner hall entered through triple arches. Noted for its architectural grandeur, the masjid is flanked by 2 minarets of 20 meter each. Most noteworthy feature of the edifice is the parapets consisting of a series of miniature arches with perforated screens of various designs.
The elaborately decorated minarets have three receding tiers of octagonal galleries, the central one raised on a series of deeply recessed, carved mouldings and petals.