At a distance of 8 km from Panjim Kadamba Bus Stand and 28 km from Vasco Da Gama Railway Station and 21 km from Mapusa, San Pedro Church is situated in North Goa.
The San Pedro Church also known as St. Peter's Church located in Old Goa. This is a very old Church built in 1543 and it is one of the eight parish churches of the old City of Goa, besides the Cathedral Parish. It is today the only survivor. It was built at the cost of the public treasury by workmen from Portugal. The Church was declared a national monument in the 1930's.
The San Pedro Church is not as monumental as some of the other churches in Goa. The Church was built in Renaissance and Mannerist style. It has large size fronton of peaked gable with oculus which has been closed. The facade of the Church is devoid of orientation. It has large porch with tiled sloping roof. The Church contains a two storied bell tower to the left.
The Sao Pedro Church is a quiet, unassuming little chapel that lies in historic zone of Old Goa. In one of its altars one can see an image of St. Peter the Prince of the Apostles to whom it is dedicated. In the background of the main altar there is an old wooden frame encrusted with thin marine shells. There are few inscriptions on the floor but almost erased. This freshly yellow painted chapel is indeed an endearing sight that still manages to charm onlookers.